Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Birthday to my Cat Luna! This year is the first year Andrew and I aren’t really doing anything on actual Valentine’s day. We did plan a little long weekend trip to Montreal (so I guess that’s kind of like our Valentine’s Day treat to each other? even though we didn’t really plan it for Valentine’s day lol). Anyways, Andrew and I love travelling together, especially little road trips like this. The last two summers we’ve gone up to Mont Tremblant and have such a fun time (it’s become our little tradition). Even though Tremblant is a ski resort we love going hiking there in the summertime. However, we decided not to go there this weekend because Andrew doesn’t ski so we decided to go to the city of Montreal!
It’s crazy to me that I have lived in Canada my whole life and have been to so many places in Canada but I haven’t been to Montreal which is only like 2 and a half hours away. I am so excited to explore the city and spend time with Andrew.
Since we’ve been on a couple road trips I decided to make a packing list for a weekend getaway to the city. I’ve split this into two lists. The stuff that goes in my backpack and the stuff that goes in my duffle bag.
- Snacks and drinks
- Hand creme
- Phone (usually I have my phone on me but I’ll add it to this list)
Adidas duffle bag (https://www.shopbentley.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/143573/s/extra-small-defender-duffle-bag-adidas-1020102/category/126/?color=388) THis is the bag I use for weekend trips! It’s called an “extra small duffle bag” but it’s actually very spacious
- 3-5 shirts/tanks (I like packing extra shirts to have a variety. Especially travelling during the winter time, some days can be really cold and some not as much, it’s also good to pack at least one really nice shirt to go with a nice skirt or pants and at least one just casual shirt)
- 2 sweaters
- 1-2 coats (I have my heavy winter coat and a lighter one)
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 pair of leggings
- 1 dress or skirt
- 2 pairs of PJs (I usually pack one pair of long pants and one pair of shorts)
- 2-3 shoe choices (One pair of nice shoes and one more casual are a must. If you’re going somewhere snowy a pair of boots would also be suggested)
- Bathing suit (if necessary)
- Bathroom stuff
- Skates if necessary (we’re going skating, but obviously if you aren’t don’t bring skates)
I hope you enjoyed this packing list for a weekend trip! I will be doing a blog post all about Montreal next week and will be filming a youtube video when I am there!
Stay reading (: