Welcome to or back to my blog! Well…I can’t believe I am saying this, but summer is almost over. Where has all the time gone seriously? This summer was a very relaxing, but fun summer. However, as much as I love summer, a part of me is actually really excited for Fall. Maybe it’s because this summer was SO hot that I am ready for it to cool down a bit (but not too much haha). For today’s blog post I wanted to make the ultimate packing guide for the cottage. This list is definitely not for minimal packing. However, if you want to know how to pack light…
don’t expect that from me…ever…because I don’t think I have ever packed light.
So let’s begin….:)
- 2-3 bathing suits: Cottages are meant to lounge in the sun and swim in the lake. It’s always good to bring an extra bathing suit in case one is drying. Also, you might want to bring one that is more for your lounging days and then one more secure one for when you are doing more active things. (If you want you can bring one cover-up as well)
- 3-5 shirts (including sweater): This really depends on how long you’re going for but this rule can apply to any amount of time. Dress for all possible weather scenarios. 2 t-shirts and 2 tank tops and a sweater for a night.
- 2-4 shorts/pants: Just like the shirts, pack for weather scenarios. Maybe 2-3 shorts and a pair of sweats or leggings for the evening.
- 1 dress or romper: For me, this is just for Instagram purposes (lol who am I). However I want to be real, obviously, I will be enjoying my time out there but there is always an opportunity for a good insta picture). However, a dress or romper is also a good cover-up option if you don’t feel like planning a whole outfit.
- Undies/socks: This one really depends on the person (so bring as many as you want!)
- 2-3 shoes: This is me just being extra but sometimes I like to pack two pairs of slip-on type shoes (slides, flipflops). One for lake purposes that I don’t mind getting dirty and then another pair to wear around that aren’t wet or dirty. (so like a Birkenstocks, moccasins etc.) The other shoe I will be bringing is a form of running shoes in case we go for a long walk or something.
- 1 hat
- 2 pyjamas: Again, the weather. Bring a warm pair for a chilly night and a light pair for a warm night.
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 toothpaste
- 1 shampoo/conditioner/1 dry shampoo: If you have travel sizes for any of these, it would be the perfect time to use them
- Face wipes or wash (whatever is easier to bring)
- Tylenol or Advil: I always bring one or the other when travelling just in case I am not feeling well. Especially if you’re out in nature and can’t easily access a store. You’ll thank me later.
- Band-aids: Make sure you get the heavy-duty ones and probably the waterproof ones.
- Hand sanitizer
- Hair elastics/headband
- Laptop (for movie or game purposes, I guess this depends if you have wi-fi at your cottage). However, you can always download a movie ahead of time.
- Board games and cards
- Book or magazine
- Colouring book (and colouring pencils or markers)
- Water bottle
- 2-3 towels (shower and lake towels)
I hope you enjoyed this ultimate packing guide: cottage edition. There won’t be a post next week so I will see you in 2 weeks!
Stay reading (: